Tuesday 20 October 2015

My crafting countdown

I have not been blogging recently as I have been getting ready for my International Basketball tournament.  All the gifts people made have been gone to the athletes and they are busy playing.

Leading up to the championship I posted some countdown photos.  I have made a video of the photos but will explain the meaning to you.


Day 7:  At my day job we have a reindeer who is part of the team and I dressed him up with a basketball vest.  I was wearing a handmade top from a pattern called Sorbetto by Colette Patterns.


Day 6:  These were some of the basketballs that didn't get made into cufflinks for gifts to athletes.

Day 5:  These scraps of fabric are from five items of clothing I have made over the years.  The scraps are going to be made into patchwork.  I have never done it before but should look good.


Day 4:  This photo has four of the different gifts given to the athletes at the European Wheelchair Basketball Championships


Day 3:  Pin badges are always exchanged at international basketball tournaments and these three pins are from the major championships held in the West Midlands.

Day 2:  I love beads and being able to convey a message with them was great fun.

Day 1:  Mandeville was the mascot from Paralympics 2012 and there was a number of silver charms available so I got a basketball.

The tournament went well and the video can be watched here.  The music I used in the video was called "Many Hands" and I would like to thank many hands who made gifts, I really appreciate your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment